BFW is looking for Communications and Events Manager
Bulgarian Fund for Women (BFW) is the only indigenous donor in Bulgaria that raises funds and gives grants to local NGOs working to advance women’s and girls’ rights and to achieve gender equality in all spheres of life. The mission of BFW is to launch and develop women’s movement in Bulgaria and to support philanthropy that targets empowering women and girls. Our vision is a world free of violence, discrimination and inequality, where all girls and women will be able to realize their full potential, will have equal opportunities, will have access to education and other services, will make informed choices about their bodies and lives.
BFW is looking for a full-time Communications and Events Manager
If you are interested and excited about topics such as human rights and gender equality, you love communicating pro-actively with different people, organizations and institutions, believe that challenges pose opportunities and are not afraid to take responsibility and to experiment, maybe YOU are the new member of the Bulgarian Fund for Women’s team.
You will be expected to:
- Participate in designing and implementing BFW’s communications strategy;
- Build, develop and establish the organization’s brand;
- Communicate actively with all interested parties/stakeholders: to understand the specifics of different audiences and to create suitable communication materials and channels to connect with them (bulletins, press releases, articles, formal correspondence, social media content and other marketing and information materials);
- Create and maintain the content of BFW’s website (in both Bulgarian and English) and to be responsible for our profiles’ activity in the social networks;
- Follow the trends in social networks, the SEO strategies and the best practices;
- Be responsible for organizing different events and fundraising and/or information campaigns;
- Analyze the efficiency of our campaigns and online presence and to use this information for planning future communications activities;
- Participate in conducting and coordinating the current projects of BFW and to assist all the activities of the organization;
- Coordinate the work with subcontractors;
- Be ready to travel in the country and abroad.
- Higher education – Bachelor’s degree minimum (humanitarian and social sciences).
- Documented professional experience on a relevant position – a minimum of 3 years.
- Leadership and organizational experience
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office, WordРress, etc.
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent level of Bulgarian grammar and punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills
- Excellent written and oral communications, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Pro-activeness, excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Self-initiative, as well as skills and ability to work independently.
- Analytic and critical thinking.
- Multitasking skills – ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- High motivation in stress situations and ability to meet deadlines.
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Previous experience on a leadership position in the sphere of communications and/or the NGO sector.
- Master’s degree in one of the following spheres: human rights, gender and feminist issues, social sciences, journalism, communications, PR.
- Knowledge of and work experience with graphic images software and/or video software.
- Experience with web design and web technologies
- Experience in creating and managing e-mail campaigns.
- Knowledge of online marketing and SEO optimization of websites.
- Digital marketing experience (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, e-mail marketing).
- A driver’s license.
What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration package with a perspective for a raise, in accordance with the candidate’s experience and their performance during the first six months.
- Full-time work with the option of flexible working hours.
- A close-knit team of professionals, working in a friendly atmosphere.
- Office in downtown Sofia.
- Opportunities for professional and personal experience.
- A chance to be a part of a fast-developing organization.
- Inspiring and interesting work with a cause.
If you think you are a suitable candidate for this position and you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please do not hesitate to send your application as soon as possible, but no later than September 13, 2019. We will be expecting your CV and Motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject: Job Application: Communications and Events Manager.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. BFW does not have the opportunity to give individual feedback to each candidate. All received applications will be processed in strict confidentiality.
Bulgarian Fund for Women Foundation is registered as an administrator of personal data. Part of the information that you voluntarily provide is personal data and is under special protection in accordance with the Law for Protection of Personal Data. The personal data that you have provided will be processeд for the purposes of selection, as well as in order to fulfill the legal interest of the data administrator in regards to a future labor contract.