Results from the Contest for support of projects for the empowerment of girls and young women 2020
Bulgarian Fund for Women announces results of the Competition for financial support of projects focused on the empowerment of girls and young women, which is held with the support of the Global Fund for Women, Dove Bulgaria and individual donors.
14 proposals were approved out of 44 applications presented by 42 organizations. The total value of funding to be provided by the Bulgarian Fund for Women is 69 870 BGN (35 830 Euro). The projects will be implemented in 16 towns and villages in the country.
The projects went through two phases of evaluation – administrative and conceptual. The proposals were carefully analyzed according to a number of criteria, including administrative compliance; compliance with the thematic priorities of the competition; partnership with other organizations; significance of the problem; realism of aims and planned activities; budget; impact and sustainability of the projects and others.
The second round of examination included external evaluators from Dove Bulgaria and a representative from the Board of Trustees of the Bulgarian Fund for Women. The projects that went through the second phase, were the ones that had collected over 80 points in the first phase. The maximum number of points in the second round was 184.
The jury who made the second phase evaluation included:
- Sofia Nikolova – Dove Bulgaria, part of the Marketing Department, Cosmetics Category at Unilever, Bulgaria
- Stanimira Hadjimitova – Member of the Board of Trustees of BFW
- Gergana Kutseva – Deputy Director of the BFW
- Rada Elenkova – Program director of the BFW
The final ranking of the organizations approved for funding in the contest is as it follows:
- Association for career development and education (ACDE) – Project “You can also succeed”- the town of Kuklen – 134 points
- Association “Startup Factory”, Project “Online educational program for entrepreneurship for girls and young women”- national scope – 134 points
- Association “Bulgarian society for group analysis and group processes” (BSGAGP), Informative campaign for mental health and prevention of mental suffering among young women and girls in difficulty “- national scope – 134 points
- Foundation “Emprove”, Project “I can do it alone” – Training approach for finding a job, empowerment and self-realization – national scope and Sofia – 133 points
- Institute for Peace Studies, Plovdiv, “SHE is ME” 2 – Program for personal development and development of skills for applying civil position in defense of women’s rights in Bulgaria – Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Asenovgrad – 130 points
- Association “Young, active, creative”, “Give yourself a chance!” – towns of Karlovo and Sopot – 130 points
- Foundation “Technologies with a cause” (in process of renaming to Foundation “Humans in the loop”), “HITL Stars”- Sofia – 130 points
- Foundation “Bilitis resource center”, “Discussion club for literature, cinema and equality” – Sofia- 130 points
- Foundation “Learn”, “Women can!” – national scope – 129 points
- Association “Orion – Care for leaders and authorities”, “Feminist epistemologies in action”- Sofia – 123 points
- Association “Inspire Bulgaria”, “Step towards independence” – towns of Bratsigovo, Lovech, Stara Zagora, Varna – 123 points
- Association “Via Civic”, “Communication of causes and activism in online space DigiComs” – national scope- 122 points
- Association “Youth Organization of Deaf Activists”, Project “Deaf Women Also Can”, Sofia – 121 points
- Arte Urbana Collective, Project “My place in the cinema”, Sofia, Lovech, Lukovit, village Dermantsi – 120 points
BFW will individually contact all candidates who will be supported by the Fund with further information on the ongoing steps.
We would like to thank all of the participants in the initiative. We encourage the organizations that were not approved for funding to apply again in our next competitions! For more information, please follow our web page regularly.