Semi-finalists at Open Call for Core Funding for Organisations Working for Women’s Rights Announced
Bulgarian Fund for Women is announcing the organisations that are invited to continue in the second round of the Open Call for Core Funding for Organisations Working for Women’s Rights. Out of 23 organizations, 11 were selected and invited to develop a detailed strategy for the progress and growth of their organizations in the second stage of the competition.
The first stage passed through the preparation of a Concept Form. Organizations that operate outside Sofia or work at the national level, newly formed or those with limited resources and an annual budget of less than BGN 50,000 were prioritized. The participants were scored based on multiple criteria such as intersectionality, degree of knowledge of the feminist discourse and contribution to the development of the women’s movement in Bulgaria, participation of vulnerable groups in the decision-making processes in the organizations, etc.
The organizations that pass to the second stage of the competition are:
- LevFem Association – 112 points
- Saffo-Bulgaria Association – 111 points
- Rodopchanka Women’s Club – 107 points
- Dignita Foundation – 104 points
- Bibliofem Association – 101 points
- Indy-Roma 97 Social Foundation – 97 points
- Single Step Foundation – 96 points
- Bulgarian Platform for the European Women’s Lobby – 92 points
- Women of Kazanlak Association – 92 points
- Youth and Civic Initiatives in the Rose Valley Association – 91 points
- Gender Education, Research and Technology Foundation – 90 points
BFW will personally contact all approved candidates with information on the next steps. The second stage of the application process includes a study of the organization, preparation of a detailed estimated budget, personal or online meetings with the managing bodies of the organisation, negotiations are possible regarding goals, success indicators, budget items or the total budget, etc.
The final decision for financing will be made by the BWF Board of Trustees, based on recommendations prepared by the Fund Program Team.
Deadlines for application and announcement of results:
- Scheduling of detailed concepts and organizational budget for two years by the organizations admitted to the second round – by November 21, 2021.
- Announcement of the final selection of organizations for funding – December 20, 2021.
- Conclusion of contracts and transfer of funds – December 20 – 31 2021
Unfortunately, BFW cannot provide individual feedback on your application due to limited resources. We encourage you to keep an eye out on our website and apply for our funding opportunities.