24 Organisations from 12 Locations Participate in BFW’s Contest for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
24 non-governmental organisations from 12 towns and cities in Bulgaria applied with projects for funding in the Bulgarian Fund for Women’s Contest for the elimination of violence against women. The locations where the organisations plan to implement their projects include small and big towns as well as one village: Burgas, Varshets, Dimitrovgrad, Kazanalak, Kuklen, Pernik, Plovdiv, Ruse, Kurtkovo village, Sofia, Targovishte, Haskovo.
The organisations we received applications from are the following:
- “Pelago Association” – Sofia
- “Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation – Haskovo” – Haskovo
- “Buditelkite” Foundation – Sofia
- “Ecomission – 21 Century” Public Service Activity Association – Lovech
- “Gender Alternatives Foundation” – Plovdiv
- “H&D Gender Perspectives” – Dimitrovgrad
- “Levfem” – Sofia
- “Young, Active, Creative” Association – Kurtkovo village
- “Mision, Innovation, Citizenship – MIG” – Lovech
- “Orion – Care for Leaders and Authorities” Association – Sofia
- “Vazovtsi” Association – Varshets
- “National Network for Health Mediators” Association – Sofia
- “Women of Kazanlak” Association – Kazanlak
- “Naya Association” – Targovishte
- Folk Community Centre “Nikola Yonkov Vaptsarov – 1964” – Haskovo
- “Kiopa Institute – Institute for Culture, Art and Education for Professionals and Amateurs” Association
- “Development and Integration” Foundation – Sofia
- “Caritas” Ruse’s Catholic Organisation – Ruse
- “Positive Personal Skills in Society – P.U.L.S” – Pernik
- Youth Voluntary Network – Burgas
- “Indi Roma-97” Social Foundation – Kuklen
- Bibliofem Association – Sofia
- “SAFFO – BULGARIA” Association – Sofia
- “Blagouspyavane” Association – Plovdiv.
- Administrative compliance with the requirements of the competition – completed and formatted project proposal form (in Word) and budget form (in Excel) according to BFW’s requirements; attached, signed and stamped Declaration of credibility and Declaration for lack of double funding;
- Capacity and / or potential for implementing the project (applications from newly-registered organisations were encouraged);
- Relevance of the objectives and activities of the project with the topic of the current competition;
- Realistic goals and expected results;
- Refined budget;
- Realistic budget and balance between administrative expenses and expenses for the implementation of the activities.
Additional evaluation points will be given to project proposals that:
- will be implemented in partnership with an organization or unregistered group/collective;
- rely on an intersectional approach;
- address the needs of groups of women and/or girls subject to multiple discrimination and marginalization;
- mobilize communities and contribute to the strengthening and growth of the women’s movement in Bulgaria.
Due to busyness BFW’s team will not be able to give individual feedback to the applying organisations. The contest’s results will be announced by the end of the day on 31 October 2022. All candidates will be notified in written form.
Please, if you do not find your organisation’s name in the candidates list and you have applied, contact us immediately via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evaluation points will be taken from all organisations that did not comply with the word limit in the different sections, did not name their application emails according the the requirements of the contest or allowed for other discrepancies. The ranking and evaluation of the projects will be done by Bulgarian Fund for Women’s team as well as from external experts whose names will be announced alongside the contest results. All approved organisations sign a contract for targeted funding with the Bulgarian Fund for Women and after completing their projects or until 2024 at the latest, they are obliged to submit narrative and financial reports following templates and guidance that will be provided by BFW in advance.
Bulgarian Fund for Women’s support must be mentioned in all communication activities and materials related to the project in accordance with the conditions in the contract for funding.
BFW is an administrator of personal data and processes such data in accordance with the legislation on the protection of personal data and with Regulation (EU) 2016/679. You can familiarise yourself with our personal data processing policy here.
You can familiarize yourself with the general Terms and Conditions of the Competition here.
For additional information and questions, email us at email@example.com.