Mission: Possible – candidates eligible for the second round
The Bulgarian Fund for Women announces the applicants eligible for the second round of the “Mission: Possible” program for funding the organizational and administrative needs of organizations working for women’s rights. Out of 26 organizations, 14 have been shortlisted and will be invited to develop a detailed strategy for the development of their organization in the second round of the program.
The first stage was through the preparation of a Concept Note Form. Priority was given to organisations operating outside Sofia or working at the national level, newly formed or those with limited resources and an annual budget of less than BGN 50,000. The concepts were evaluated using a scoring system on a number of criteria, with the maximum number of points an organisation could score being 76. The threshold for eligibility in phase two is 50 points. The criteria included an assessment of the organisations structure and objectives, participation of vulnerable groups in the organisations‘ decision-making processes, intersectionality/intersectionality of social inequalities, the extent of knowledge of feminist/women’s discourse, and work on marginalised/contested issues, strategic work plans and potential for social change.
The organisations moving on to the second stage of the competition are:
1. Association “The Women of Kazanlak” – 68 points;
2. Association “Doctors of the World” – Sliven branch – 66 points;
3. Association “Bulgarian Platform to the European Women’s Lobby” – 65 points;
4. H and D Gender Perspectives Foundation – 61 points;
5. Orion Association – Care for Leaders and Authors – 61 points;
6. Right to Childhood Foundation – 61 points;
7. The Awakeners Foundation – 58 points;
8. Women’s Association “Ekaterina Karavelova” – 58 points;
9. Crocus Foundation – 56 points;
10. Non-profit Association “Youth and Civic Initiatives in the Rose Valley” – 54 points;
11. Listen Up Foundation – 54 points;
12. Legal Aid Centre – Voice in Bulgaria Foundation – 51 points;
13. Association “IN TIME ER EM” – 51 points;
14. Rhodope Fund for Women – Poprelki Foundation – 50 points.
The organizations that were NOT approved for the second stage of the “Mission: possible” program are:
1. Association “Refugee Advisory Council” – 44 points;
2. Association of Parents of Children with Kidney Diseases – 42 points;
3. Centre for Humanitarian Policies Foundation – 42 points;
4. South-West Public Information Centre Association – 41 points;
5. People’s Community Centre “Saznanie-1944” – 39 points;
6. Reachout Foundation – 39 points;
7. Bulgarian Association for People with Cancer and Other Diseases “Life” – 38 points;
8. Children’s Media Real and Magical Association – 34 points;
9. Children’s Society Foundation – 30 points;
10. Association for Creative and Educated Bulgaria – 29 points;
11. National Institute of Tourism Association – 28 points;
12. Association “Leaders of the Future” – the organization is disqualified due to registration for private benefit.
BFW will contact all approved applicants personally with the next steps. The second stage of the application process involves researching the organization through annual reports and supporting documentation, preparing a detailed estimated budget, and meeting in person or online with the organization’s governance/governing body. Negotiations regarding objectives, indicators of success, budget items or total budget amount, etc. are possible. There will also be an informational meeting with the organisations shortlisted for the second phase of the competition on 10 August 2022.
The final funding decision will be made by the BFW’s Board of Trustees, based on recommendations made by the Fund’s program team.
Due to limited resources, BFW is unable to send reasons for rejection to organizations not approved for the second phase.
Thank you to all who have contributed their concepts to this initiative. We wish success to the organizations that were not shortlisted for the second stage, and look forward to receiving your applications in one of our next calls! Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for more information.