Mission Possible Program
A procedure for financing the organizational and administrative needs of organizations working for women’s rights 2022.
For the third consecutive year, Bulgarian Fund for Women announces a procedure for financing the organizational and administrative needs (the so-called core funding) of organizations working for women’s rights. The Mission: Possible Program embodies our strategy for the development of the women’s movement in Bulgaria and the promotion of sustainable social change to achieve factual gender equality. Its aim is to support civil society organizations for their financial sustainability, capacity building, and skills for planning and measuring the impact of their activities.
We, from Bulgarian Fund for Women, know that social change takes time, resources and dedication. The organizations we support need a sustainable administrative and organizational structure in the form of team and salaries, office and equipment, capacity building, and mentoring to fulfill their mission. That is why we prioritize long-term and flexible funding and support the building of a movement of strong women’s groups and organizations to make change possible.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING
The total amount of the current call is BGN 400,000, and the funding can vary between BGN 15,000 and BGN 50,000. The time frame of funding is 12 months, and we offer an opportunity for continuous support if the set impact indicators are achieved during the first year.
Criteria for participation in the Mission: Possible Program
An organization is eligible to apply if it is:
- registered under the Law on Non-Profit Legal Entities for public benefit;
- working from a feminist perspective and / or from a women’s rights perspective;
- managed by women, girls and / or LBTI people and the groups, for whose needs and rights it works, are part of its team;
- has accepted as its main mission the promotion of human rights of women, girls, LBTI people, and the cause is not only a part of its programs;
- actively working for structural and social change;
- focused on issues that are insufficiently addressed, underestimated and / or contested.
Priority will be given to concepts from:
- Organizations with an annual budget of less than BGN 50,000
- Organizations based outside the capital, working in small settlements or working at the national level.
- Organizations working within the intersection between women’s rights, girls’ rights, LBTI people and social justice, ethnic inclusion, vulnerable groups, environmental justice.
- Organizations working to create and mobilize communities in support of women’s and girls’ rights in Bulgaria.
Full information about the application process and its phases, deadlines and documents can be found here (in Bulgarian).