For the third time, Bulgarian Fund for Women organizes the Community Development Program, which aims to support community leaders and active people in their efforts to unite and mobilize their respective communities, to encourage initiatives, connected to bringing together the citizens for an improved shared environment, to present opportunities for meetings and exchange between different communities, as well as to popularize inclusion of women in the community development. The main goal of the program is to help the informal unification of the citizens in the resolving of common issues, which are overlooked and not governmentally supported, and also to popularize community philanthropy.
BFW’s program consists of two parts- theoretical and practical. During the first stage of the Community Development Program, participants will complete a three-day training on 2-3-4 June 2022, aimed at developing skills for building, organizing and mobilizing communities. In the second stage, each of the attendees will have the opportunity to apply for financial support up to BGN 1,700 from BFW, with which to activate their communities and together implement an initiative to improve the lives of everyone in the community. The communities, that will be taken into account for the goal of the program, would be geographical, professional, according to interest or a certain distinction (e.g. local communities, parents, students, disabled people and etc.). Additionally, it doesn’t matter if the communities, wishing to apply for the program, are “small” or “big”.
To give a start to the Program, BFW announces a contest for participation in a three-day seminar, dedicated to building and organizing communities, that would take place on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of June 2022 (the exact location will be confirmed additionally, with the respective participants, and in accordance to the COVID-19 rules and regulations). During the event, questions, that will be discussed, include those, such as: how to be united in the community-focused causes, how to transform community energy into certain actions, how to popularize our ideas among like-minded people successfully, how and where to look for partners and touchpoints, why are communities and community philanthropy.
Who can apply for the seminar?
The seminar and the program are open to anyone above the age of 16, and anyone who considers themselves as a part of a certain community (a formal affiliation to an organization or previous experience are not necessary), thus a part of a group, bigger than family and its ties, and which unites people by place, time, interest or something else. The community has shared values and its members are united, with a strong sense of common responsibility.
Advantages will be given to candidates with initiatives, which will prioritize the development of activities for the support and empowerment of women.
BFW encourages anyone with a certain idea, connected to the development and support of communities, in which they are part, to apply.
What would you gain from taking part in the program?
- Practical and theoretical knowledge on how to efficiently create, develop, mobilize and sustain communities;
- Meetings with other community leaders and opportunities for exchange of ideas and creating new partnerships;
- Participation in the internal contest for financial aid up to 1 700 leva for the realization of a project, focused on the topic of the seminar and the knowledge, gained from it;
- Opportunities for media popularization of your community and your project.
How to apply?
Please fill out the form (in Bulgarian) by May 2nd 2022, at 23:59.
Please, when applying, take into account the following:
- On the form, there is no option for saving the information. For easing the process, you can copy the questions from the form onto a separate file and transfer your answers into the form later.
- After the assigned deadline, the form will close automatically.
- The contest is open for submitting candidatures from the 4th of April to the 2nd of May 2022;
- Announcing the chosen participants – Until May 17th 2022
- Contacting only the chosen participants and sending out information about the seminar- Mid-May 2022
- Тhe seminar will take place in June 2022 – 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and is planned to be as physically present. There are possible options for combined and/or online activities, and presence is required throughout the entire seminar.
All expenses for the seminar- transportation, stay, food, lectors, materials and etc. are covered by BFW.
For questions and more information, you can find us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile, you can find out more about last year’s edition of the program here.
The project is realized, thanks to the financial support of the Global Fund for Community Foundations.
The BFW team wishes you good luck!
BFW is an administrator for personal data and processes in accordance with the Data protection, legislation and Regulation (EU) 2016/679. All applications will be looked over in full confidentiality.
BFW remains with the right to change the conditions and deadlines for the Program for Community development, in case of unforeseen circumstances.