50 candidates from 21 settlements took part in the BFW’s call for proposals “Feminism in action”
50 project proposals by 49 non-governmental organizations from 21 settlements in Bulgaria were submitted in the BFW’s call for proposals “Feminism in action”
The settlements where the candidate organizations are planning the implementation of their projects include small and large towns, as well as villages: Antonovo, Botevgrad, Varna, Vratsa, Dimitrovgrad, Dobrich, Kazanlak, Lovech, Pernik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Ruse, Borislavtsi (Haskovo district), Drugan village (Radomir municipality), Kurtovo village (Karlovo district), Silistra, Sliven, Smolyan, Sofia, Harmanli and Haskovo.
The organizations whose projects have been received and will take part in the selection procedure are the following:
- Arte Urbana Collective – Sofia
- Bibliofem – Sofia
- Bulgarian platform at the European Women’s Lobby – Sofia
- Institute for Health Activities and Technologies – Plovdiv
- Women’s Club “Rodopchanka” – Smolyan
- Levfem – Sofia
- Doctors of the World – Sliven
- Cultural Research Network – Sofia
- Iskra – 2009 Community Center – Borislavtsi village, municipality Madjarovo, Haskovo region
- Association “Academica – We, the citizens” – Sofia
- Association “Be good! Do good!”- Vratsa
- Association “Inspire Bulgaria” – Sofia
- Association “Ecomission 21st Century” – Lovech
- Association “Women of Kazanlak” – Kazanlak
- Association “Cybele” – Haskovo
- Association “Hope for Antonovo” – Antonovo
- Orion Association – Care for Leaders and Authorities – Sofia
- Human Rights Project Association – Sofia
- Saffo-Bulgaria Association and Big Deal – Sofia
- Startup Factors Association – Ruse
- Association “Students in Action” – Sofia
- Via Civic Association – Sofia
- Association for Volunteer Work (CVS – Bulgaria) – Sofia
- Association for Psychosocial Support and Personal Development – Smolyan
- Association of Rural Youth “Together” – Pleven
- Unity-Harmanli Association
- NGO “Institute for Progressive Education” – Sofia
- NGO “Young, active, creative” – the village of Kurtovo, Karlovo region
- NGO “Parallel-Silistra” – Silistra
- NGO “Start it smart” and Female Entrepreneurship Bulgaria – Sofia
- Fighting Mother Foundation – Varna
- Future Perfect Foundation – Sofia
- Gender Alternatives Foundation – Plovdiv
- Dignita Foundation – Sofia
- The People Foundation – Sofia
- Ekaterina Karavelova Foundation – Plovdiv
- Ex Nihilo Foundation – Sofia
- Impact Drive Foundation – Sofia
- Books and Children Foundation – Sofia
- Dreams in Action Foundation – Sofia
- Nation Foundation – Botevgrad
- Winged Foundation – Sofia
- Right to Childhood Foundation – Ruse
- Right to a New Future Foundation – Sofia
- Right to a New Future Foundation – 2nd project – Sofia
- St. Nicholas the Wonderworker”- Dobrich
- H&D Gender Perspectives Foundation – Dimitrovgrad
- Solidarity in Action Foundation – Drugan village, Radomir municipality
- Foundation “Positive skills of the individual in society” (PULS) – Pernik
- Foundation for Community Development and Cooperation – Sliven
All organizations that have not complied with the word limit, have not correctly titled their application emails (according to the terms of the competition) or have made other inaccuracies will be deprived of points in the evaluation process.
The evaluation criteria include:
- Administrative compliance with the requirements of the competition – completed and completed application form (in Word) and budget form (in Excel) according to the requirements of BFW; attached signed and stamped Declaration of Authenticity and Personal Data Protection.
- Capacity and/or potential for project implementation (application of newly registered organizations is encouraged).
- Relation of the goals and activities of the project with the priorities of the present call for proposals.
- Realistic set of goals and expected results.
- Realistic budget and balance between administrative and implementation costs.
In the evaluation, priority will be given to:
- Feminist organizations;
- Organizations working in the field of women’s rights, the empowerment of women and girls and the fight against gender-based violence;
- Organizations working for prevention and overcoming of multiple discrimination and/or marginalization of vulnerable groups of women and girls (LBTI, Roma, people with disabilities, etc.);
- Organizations run by women or with more than 50% women in leadership positions in decision-making positions working for human rights;
- Organizations whose activity is carried out outside of Sofia;
- Newly established organizations and those whose activity has been carried out for less than 3 years;
- Organizations whose annual budget is less than BGN 50,000.
Additional evaluation points will be given to:
- Project proposals that will be implemented by several organizations in partnership;
- Project proposals that will be implemented by non-profit organizations in partnership with an unregistered group/team;
- Project proposals based on an intersectional approach;
- They address the needs of groups of women who are subject to multiple discrimination and/or marginalization.
The Project Evaluation Committee will consist of members of the Board of Trustees and the BFW team, as well as external experts, whose names will be announced when the results are published.
The Bulgarian Fund for Women will not provide individual feedback to the applicant organizations. The results of the competition will be announced by July 12, 2021.
Please, if you do not see the name of your organization in the list of applicants, but have submitted documents in the competition, contact us immediately via e-mail at email@example.com
The competition is supported by the Global Fund for Women, Mama Cash and Sigrid Raising Trust.
All approved organizations will sign a[TP3] Funding Agreement with the Bulgarian Fund for Women, and after the completion of the projects, by the end of August 2022, the organizations have to submit a narrative and financial report according to samples and instructions, which they will receive from BFW.
The support of the Bulgarian Fund for Women must be credited in all communication activities and materials of the project, according to the terms of the financing agreement.
BFW is a controller of personal data and processes such data in accordance with the legislation on personal data protection and Regulation (EU) 2016/679. You can get acquainted with our Policy for personal data processing here.
For additional information and questions, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org