Call for core funding of organizations working for women’s rights
In fulfillment of its mission to support and develop the women’s movement in Bulgaria and to promote sustainable social change, leading to the achievement of gender equality, the Bulgarian Fund for Women announces a Call for financing the organizational and administrative needs (core funding) of organizations working for women’s rights. The aim of the contest is to improve the financial sustainability, build capacity, improve skills for planning and ability to measure the impact of the activities of such organizations.
We, from the Bulgarian Fund for Women, know that social change takes time, resources and dedication and that the organizations we support need a sustainable administrative and organizational structure – team and salaries, office and equipment to accomplish their mission. That is why, we prioritize long-term and flexible funding. What is more, we support the building of a movement of strong women’s groups and organizations to make the change possible.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The total value of the call budget is BGN 150 000, and the amount of funding can vary between BGN 12 000 and 40 000 per organization. The funding period is 12 months, and we offer an opportunity for further support if the impact indicators are achieved during the first year.
Organizations that meet the following criteria are invited to participate in the competition:
- Organizations registered under the Law for the Non-for-Profit Legal Entities and working in public benefit.
- Organizations working from a feminist perspective and / or from a women’s rights perspective.
- Organizations run by women, girls, and / or LBTI people, and the groups whose needs and rights they work for are part of its team.
- Organizations promoting the human rights of women, girls, LBTI people for which this is a main mission, not only a focus of some of their programs.
- Organizations that actively work for structural and social change.
- Organizations which focus of work is on issues that are insufficiently addressed, underestimated and / or controversial.
Concepts from the following type of organizations will be prioritized:
- Organizations with an annual budget under BGN 50,000.
- Organizations based outside the capital, working in small towns or villages or working at a national level.
- Organizations working in intersection between women’s rights, girls’ rights, LBTI people and social justice, ethnicity, vulnerable groups, environmental justice.
- Organizations working to create and mobilize communities in support of women’s and girls’ rights in Bulgaria.
How will the application process go?
The first stage is by applying with a Concept Proposal, which contains general information about the organization and the team, its mission, strategic development plans, basic financial information about the applicant and the total amount of funding requested.
If the Concept is approved, there is a second application stage, which includes a detailed description of the concept and a detailed budget. The team of BFW will contact the chosen participants to discuss their application.
The final decision for financing will be made by the Board of Trustees of BFW, based on the recommendations prepared by the program team of the Fund.
Deadlines for application and announcement of results:
- The deadline for submitting a Concept Proposals is 23:59 on the 10th November 2020 (Tuesday).
- Announcement and contact with the approved candidates, invited in the second stage of the Competition – until November 18, 2020.
- Announcement of the final selection of funded organizations – December 14, 2020
- Signing of contracts and transfer of funds – December 14 – 23, 2020
Concept Proposal – the form must be sent in Word format (forms sent in pdf format will not be accepted) and any restrictions on the symbols must be observed.
Declaration of authenticity and protection of personal data – the declaration is an integral part of the package of documents and must be sent together with the Concept Form, signed and stamped by the legal representative of the applicant organization.
Please, find the application documents in Bulgarian HERE
We are waiting for your applications until 23:59 on November 10, 2020 (Tuesday) via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject of the e-mail: CORE FUNDING 2020.
Incomplete concepts or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The Bulgarian Fund for Women will publish information about the approved organizations for the second round on its website and will contact the approved organizations directly.
The BFW does not send personal feedback to organizations whose concepts are not among the approved ones and does not publish reasons for refusal to finance certain project proposals.
In case of insufficient number of organization’s applications and / or approved for funding, the Bulgarian Fund for Women reserves the right to change the terms of the Call, including the amount of funding and the total budget.
BFW is a certified controller of personal data and processes such data in accordance with the legislation on personal data protection and GDPR Regulation (EU) 2016/679. You can get acquainted with our policy for personal data processing HERE.
You can get acquainted with the General Terms and Conditions of BFW for granting for organizational and / or administrative needs of organizations.
If you need any further information, please email us at: email@example.com. The team will not be able to give consultations by phone.