Call for proposals for support of girls and young women
Bulgarian Fund for Women announces call for proposals for financing projects implemented by and aimed at supporting the potential and leadership of girls and young women. The total budget of the call is BGN 50,000 and the maximum funding for a project is up to BGN 5,000 (five thousand BGN). The deadline for applying with project ideas is until 23:59 on September 6, 2020 (Sunday). The competition is held with the support of the Global Fund for Women, Mama Cash, Filia die frauenstiftung, Dove Bulgaria and funds raised by individual donors.
Call information and application guidance
This call is in line with the BFW’s vision of a society free of violence, discrimination and inequality, where all girls and women will be able to realize their full potential, will have equal opportunities, will have access to education and other services, and will make informed choices about their bodies and lives. The call is implemented within the framework of the Strategic Program for Empowerment of Girls and Young Women, aimed entirely at supporting the potential and leadership of adolescents.
There are no restrictions of the range of activities that can be financed. However, their guiding principles should be the principles of equality, non-discrimination and empowerment of girls and women, especially representatives of vulnerable and/or marginalized groups. It is recommended that the objectives and activities set out in the projects do not treat the target group as passive beneficiaries, but as active drivers of social change.
For the purpose of the call, for girls and young women, the Bulgarian Fund for Women, understands all girls and young women up to 35 years, regardless of their social status, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation and other traits, including trans women.
The total budget of this competition is BGN 50 000, the projects that will be financed are up to BGN 5 000. In case there is insufficient number of projects received and/ or approved for funding, Bulgarian Fund for Women reserves the right to change the terms of the call, including the amount of funding and the total budget.
Only organizations registered under the Non-Profit Legal Entities Act and for public benefit can take part in the competition. The participation of activists and unregistered groups/collectives is allowed only if it is in partnership with NGOs, registered for public benefit, with whom a funding contract will be signed.
The budget of each project proposal must be well balanced and conformed with the needs of the applicant. Eligible costs are also costs for administration, coordination and communication of the project. The cost of creating printed and promotional materials for the project (brochures, leaflets, T-shirts, pens, etc.) must be up to 10% of the total budget of the project, and the need of their production, use and dissemination have to be justified in the project proposal.
In the process of evaluation, priority will be given to:
- Feminist organizations;
- Organizations working in the field of women’s rights, empowerment of women and girls, and against violence, based on gender;
- Organizations working to empower women and girls to overcome multiple discrimination and/or marginalization of vulnerable groups (LGBTI, Roma organizations, organizations for disabilities, single mothers, etc.);
- Women-led organizations or organizations with more than 75% of women in high- level positions responsible for human rights decision-making;
- Organizations whose activity is led outside the capital Sofia;
- Newly created feminist collectives and organizations whose activity is led from less than a year;
- Organizations whose annual budget is under BGN 50 000.
Additional assessment points will be given to:
- Project proposals which will be implemented by several organizations in partnership;
- Project proposals which will be implemented by non-profit legal entities (NGOs) in partnership with an unregistered group/collective;
- Project proposals relying on an intersectional approach/intersection of social inequalities;
- Project proposals addressing the needs of vulnerable groups (groups of women subjected to multiple types of discrimination and/or marginalization).
Requirements for application
The application package must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 6, 2020, on the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Projects received after this time will not be considered at all.
Title (subject) of the email should be: Call for proposal for support of girls and young women 2020.
Criteria of evaluation
- Administrative compliance with the requirements of the call – completed and well- formulated application form (in Word) and budget form (in Excel), according to the requirements of the BFW; Signed and stamped Statement of Assurance and Declaration of absence of double funding;
- Capacity and/or potential for project implementation (the application of newly registered organizations is encouraged);
- Compliance of the objectives and activities of the project to the theme of the call;
- Realistically set view of the objectives and the expected results;
- Realistic budget and balance between administrative and implementation costs.
The projects will be evaluated from the Board of Trustees of BFW, the team of the BFW and a representative of Dove Bulgaria.
- July 10 – September 6, 2020: submission of project proposals;
- September 7-21, 2020: evaluation of project proposals and announcement of the results;
- September 22-25, 2020: signing of contracts and financing;
- October 1, 2020 – March 2021: implementation of the projects;
- April 2021: submission of reports – narrative and financial reports.
All approved organizations conclude a Targeted Funding Agreement with the Bulgarian Fund for Women, and after the completion of the projects, by the end of April 2020, the organizations must send a narrative (technical) and financial report according to templates and instructions that they will receive in advance from the BFW.
The support of the Bulgarian Fund for Women must be credited in all communication activities and materials of the project, according to the terms of the funding agreement.
The BFW is a personal data administrator and processes such data in accordance with the respective legislation on personal data protection and with compliance of the EU GDPR regulation (EU) 2016/679. You can read our personal data processing policy HERE.
You can get acquainted with the General Terms and Conditions of the competition HERE (in Bulgarian).
For any further information and/or questions, feel free to contact us at: email@example.com