10 are the approved organizations for the second phase of the Core funding call of BFW
The Bulgarian Fund for Women announces the organizations admitted to the second round of the Core Funding Procedure for financing the organizational and administrative needs of NGOs, working for women’s rights. From 34 organizations, 10 were approved and invited to develop their strategies in the second stage of the competition.
In the first stage applicants provided a draft Concept Form. The applications were assessed on a number of criteria, including the link between the objectives and activities of the organizations with the priorities of the Core Funding Procedure; thematic areas of work and intersectionality; target groups of organizations and their participation in the decision-making processes; a clear plan for the development of the organization and the potential for achieving social change.
The Organizations that are approved for the second phase of the call are:
- Foundation “Ekaterina Karavelova”- national scope – 84 points
- Foundation “Emprove”- national scope – 82 points
- Youth LGBT Organization “Deystvie”- Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, Varna and Veliko Tyrnovo – 81 points
- Resource Center Bilitis Foundation 0- national scope – 80 points
- Association “The Fridge” in cooperation with “LevFem”- Sofia – 77 points
- Women’s Club “Rodopchanka” – the region of Smolyan – 76 points
- Association “Hayachi”- Novi Pazar region – 73 points
- Association “Young, active, creative”- Karlovo region – 71 points
- Foundation “Learn”– national scope – 70 points
- Association “Bibliofem”- national scope – 70 points
BFW will personally contact all the admitted candidates with information on the following steps. The second phase of the process includes research of the organization, preparation of a detailed estimated budget, personal or online meeting with the managing bodies of the organization. Negotiations are possible regarding the goals, success indicators, budget lines or the total budget requested by the organization.
The final decision for financing will be made by the Board of Trustees of the BFW, based on recommendations prepared by the Program team of the Fund.
Important deadlines for the second stage of the Competition and announcement of the results:
- Announcement and contact with the approved candidates, invited in the second stage of the Competition – November 18-20, 2020.
- Announcement of the final selection of organizations to be funded – December 14, 2020
- Signing of contracts and transfer of funds – 14-23 December 2020
Due to limited resources, BFW is not able to send personal feedback to organizations not approved for the second stage. There will also be no telephone consultations.
We would like to thank everyone who participated with their concepts in this initiative! We wish success to the organizations that were not ranked for the second stage, and we will be waiting for their applications in our next competitions. For more information, please check our page regularly.